- RSS Channel Showcase 5033916
- RSS Channel Showcase 5348415
- RSS Channel Showcase 5178904
- RSS Channel Showcase 1884192
Articles on this Page
- 08/21/14--16:27: _MDM tutorial
- 09/22/14--08:32: _Apple Firewall Issues
- 09/30/14--10:38: _iOS 8 and Unique De...
- 10/01/14--05:48: _IKE V2 VPN (always on)
- 10/23/14--04:12: _Access control solu...
- 11/06/14--13:05: _APNS on a PCI network
- 12/03/14--01:02: _Multi-tenancy for A...
- 12/17/14--08:52: _VPN causing slow in...
- 01/24/15--17:14: _Large percentage of...
- 02/26/15--16:48: _Microsoft EMS - any...
- 04/22/15--07:59: _Private APN with ac...
- 09/30/15--07:49: _Devices Intermitten...
- 10/20/15--07:48: _Track AirDrop Traffic
- 11/03/15--09:17: _How to configure OS...
- 12/06/15--23:50: _Privacy Security Sc...
- 01/20/16--16:16: _Global Proxy providers
- 04/06/16--14:50: _side loading on top...
- 04/26/16--04:13: _What are some Free ...
- 08/04/16--05:51: _What are the free C...
- 09/29/16--00:51: _IOS10 Wifi profile ...
- 08/21/14--16:27: MDM tutorial
- 09/22/14--08:32: Apple Firewall Issues
- 09/30/14--10:38: iOS 8 and Unique Device ID
- 10/01/14--05:48: IKE V2 VPN (always on)
- 10/23/14--04:12: Access control solution
- 11/06/14--13:05: APNS on a PCI network
- 12/03/14--01:02: Multi-tenancy for AirWatch and XenMobile own cloud??
- 12/17/14--08:52: VPN causing slow internet connection.
- 02/26/15--16:48: Microsoft EMS - anyone use it?
- 04/22/15--07:59: Private APN with access to outside websites?
- 09/30/15--07:49: Devices Intermittently Dropping Wifi
- 10/20/15--07:48: Track AirDrop Traffic
- 11/03/15--09:17: How to configure OS X Server to be accessible from the internet
- 12/06/15--23:50: Privacy Security Scan : Fast and Safe
- 01/20/16--16:16: Global Proxy providers
- 04/06/16--14:50: side loading on top of managed app will keep per-app VPN settings?
- 04/26/16--04:13: What are some Free Remote Monitoring Tools?
- 08/04/16--05:51: What are the free Certificate Manager vendors
- 09/29/16--00:51: IOS10 Wifi profile issues
I'm ios developer and having exp in IOS MDM.
I need to learn Mobileiron and Airwatch MDM.Pls share any documents to learn.
Just a heads up that it looks like Apple may be using a different service now to load the App Store. I ran into the issue today where the App Store was blocked for all of our students' iPads. I ran a trace on the HTTPS traffic coming from the device when it said it couldn't connect and I found it trying to hit this IP: 22.214.171.124
That IP also resolves to the domain name of:
I hope this helps anyone that may be having issues connecting to the App Store or maybe some can provide us with info on why the App Store seems to want to connect to that IP now.
Appears that Apple is concerned about security and have made major changes in iOS 8. Does anyone now how to programatically capture the unique device ID or serial number? How can an Enterprise control iOS devices if we cannot determine the unique ID of a Device
We want to use IKE V2 with always-on feature introduced with iOS 8. Is someone out there with experience ?
Is it necessary to route to 126.96.36.199 for an APNS connection ? Is it possible to use a proxy ?
Thanks and greetings
I need your advice finding and choosing a mac-friendly card or bracelet based solution for controlling access of visitors to office , time they've arrived and left.
Should be something simple and elegant, you might see such technology if you've ever been to some co-workings where you pay for the time spent and have access to unlimited coffee, juice, snacks and so on.
Thanks in advance
Does use iOS devices on a secure PCI network? If so, can you tell me what you have done to allow APNS to communicate with those devices? Did you open your firewalls to allow communication to Apple's entire 188.8.131.52/8 network as many MDM providers suggest? Or did you only open it to Apple's APNS URLs?
i cannot fathom opening our firewall to the entire 184.108.40.206 class A network - even if it is all owned by Apple. That's over 16.5 million IP addresses!
A lot of EMM providers are telling that they support multi-tenancy. That might be true for their own clould.
I got the surprise with XenMobile when we planned to build an own Community Cloud to serve different customers with EMM. Yes it is possible to administer different organizations, which cannot see each other, but if you want to connect Active Directory etc. then the multi-tenancy becomes complex. Citrix informed me that they are waiting for a new release to support multi-tenancy.
However, I would like to understand whether it is possible to configure instead AirWatch in a Community Cloud to run different customers inc. interfaces.
Does anybody can support me with this request?
We have customers complaining that once their iPads are connected to the internet, their internet speed is severely throttled. It appears to be caused by the VPN, is there a way to fix this? We are using a Cisco AnyConnect IPsec VPN
Please can anyone provide any troubleshooting tips or fixes (if you have fixed a similar issue before) regarding this issue below?
I do not have the full details yet - no architecture specific info / logs etc.
Fifty (50) percent of app installs fail, not of MobileIron itself, but of the enterprise apps they distribute via MobileIron. This is for a large enterprise with normal IT architecture with MobileIron MDM configuration.
Thank you for any help,
AAA Mobility Solutions
We're looking at migrating to another MDM, and with the Microsoft account manager courting us, they are pushing their EMS product.
I was wondering whether anyone uses it, and of so your experience with it. Also any comparison info against Airwatch would be appreciated.
Hi guys, Im new to this APN thing, and trying to figure out how to make this work.
A client of mine has an APN that managed by AT&T, that allow iOS devices to access private website from my client. Now we want to use that APN with the addition of accessing to Google and Apple maps. They told me to setup the proxy on iOS device to have access to other public websites.
1) Is this correct? Because I thought all they have to do is add those websites that they want to access into the APN itself, and not setup a separate proxy on the device?
2) If setup a proxy on the device will get this working, where do I setup this proxy up on the device? Do I use the Global HTTP Proxy? or the Proxy in the APN profile, when I create it in Apple Configurator?
Thanks for all your input.
We have been experiencing an issue on our campus where Apple devices, and Apple devices only, are disconnecting and reconnecting to our wireless network.
This has caused huge issues for our teachers who are streaming content to Apple TVs. Every 5-10 minutes the wifi drops, causing whatever they are playing to stop and terminates the connection to the Apple TV.
We've experienced this issue with iPhones, iPads and Macs, both managed and not. We also have Dell desktops, Chrome books, and surface tablets deployed in the school and none of them seem to be experiencing an issue.
My network admin isn't sure where to start trouble shooting as it is only Apple devices experiencing the issue. I do know we use all Cisco Enterprise level hardware for the routers.
Any direction would be much appreciated!
Anyone else having an issue of students changing the name of their iPad, sending inappropriate pictures via AirDrop and then quickly changing the name of their iPad again? I'm wondering if there's a way to track AirDrop traffic. Is this difficult because it's Bluetooth over Wi-Fi?
We are using Casper and had our iPads enrolled before the option to force iPad names was added. Also, students can still change iPad names even if this is option is enabled in the pre-stage enrollment. It will default back to the forced name after each inventory update.
I really hope someone can help!
I have my own SSL certified website setup to host my profile manager https://server.example.com - this was created as a new A record through my provider.
I also have OS X Server 5.0 installed on my MacBook Pro, the host name is server.example.com and the status states "Reachable at server.example.com, no services available", the public host name is displaying correctly and the external IP shows correctly.
Profile manager correctly states that it is available at server.example.com/profilemanager.
I believe the issue is with the DNS settings, it states "Set your DNS settings to 192.168.0.9 to use this server", as far as I know this IP address should be the external IP not the local IP.
What steps do I need to take to ensure the External IP is shown on the DNS page?
Thanks in advance!
LEO Privacy Guard 3.0
- A click to scan mobile privacy status, find out potential privacy loophole.
- Smart scan to analyze your new added apps, photos, videos and so on.
- Simple steps guide you to lock or hide your private information.
Can anyone recommend a Global Proxy provider please
We're seeing some weird behavior on iOS 9.3.x
We have a manger app on our Dev iPhones which is connected to a MobileIron MDM profile that allows per-app VPN. When the managed app is downloaded or pushed on the device, it works perfectly, meaning it can connect using the per-app VPN setup.
The problem is that when my team side loads an updated version of the same app on top of the managed app, this new app while invokes the per-app VPN (the VPN logo appears at the top), it cannot communicate to our servers through the per-app VPN tunnel.
So it seems like this may be a bug of sorts, or Apple doesn't allow a side-loaded app on top of a managed app to actually be able to use the per-app VPN tunnel even though the VPN logo appear in the Status Bar.
Anyone else having this issue?
since most of the networking and its infrastructure is moving into to cloud and in-house, what could be the best tool for to monitor it.
A Certificate Manager uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to manage digital certificates in order to secure sensitive communication passing through your enterprise network.
has anyone come across wifi issues with managed devices?
Some of our users have recently updated ipads to IOS10 and from then on cant connect to wifi even though they still have the wifi profiles installed which are pushed out from MDM.